"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Thursday, June 23, 2011

I've been crafty again...

SOAP!
Making my own homemade soap has been on my "dream tree" for a couple years now.  I finally got to a workshop and learned how.  I made a half-batch of Cedar, Sage, Patchouli with a dash of poppy seeds for exfoliation.  Once it solidified the next morning, I cut it into 6 blocks.  It smells super yummy and I'll be using some very soon!

Recently, my friend Paula gave me some flannel material with butterflies on it.  I decided that I needed another pillowcase for my king-size pillow and this was the perfect material to use (seeing that I'll be in Iowa soon).  So I whipped out the sewing machine...
It turned out nice and cozy  :o)



For years I've been donating all my paper maps from trips I've been on....  Well, last year I came across these instructions to make map baskets - giving me the ability to Upcycle into something more useful.  I took my little project to work one day and while I was waiting for the next Emergency, I pieced it together.  My friend, Wendy helped me because it ended up being easier having four hands  :)

A year ago made some pajama pants at The Stitch Lab, and...well I'm still on the PJ PANTS Class page - Check it out.  super kewl!  I love those pj's....

The other day I was visiting with my friend, Lily, and did some beading.  I made two necklaces...here is one of them.

It's amethyst and moonstone.  Amethyst promotes peacefulness, happiness, and contentment.  Moonstone is said to be for "new beginnings" and promotes inner growth and strength, while enhancing intuition.  I'm liking the combo.  It feels good  :)

And then there is POETRY!
I enjoy poetry in all forms.  When I was in high school, I thought Emily Dickinson was really cool.  These days, I read quite a bit of Rumi which I find inspiring for many aspects of my Life.  The past few days, remnants of phrases come to my mind.  I continued to write them down and piece them together in various ways....I just finished it and would like to share it with you, so this comes from my poet within:

From Time to time,
thoughts of you
Whisper through my mind.

Like gentle summer breezes
cool the air,
You warm my heart.

Like a hummingbird
creates a song,
You sing to my Spirit.

Like lightening beckons 
the echos of my mind, 
You electrify my soul.

I've been sucked into your sweetness.

1 comment:

  1. The soap smells wonderful and the jewelry was fun to make. Along with the pie! Yum yum yum!!! Gonna miss you terribly when you move!

    ReplyDelete