"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Thursday, September 30, 2010

Project 333 - Inspiring Change

Okay...i'm committed to this for the next 3 months!  Starting tomorrow, October 1st, I will only wear the 33 items of outwear that I chose for myself through the end of December.  Thank goodness that underwear, workout wear, and sleepwear aren't included...it was hard enough to reduce my wardrobe to these thirty-three things.  I mean, I'm a Texas girl and it's starting to drop under 70 degrees at night - will I freeze to death?  I guess if it gets too cold, you may see me in ALL 33 items at the same time.  And another thing: coordinating, blending, accessorizing...tough!!!  So forgive me if I can't pull off a matching outfit from time to time...I tried  :)

I found this "project" on the Green LA Girl blog.  I did indeed miss the Six Items or Less challenge a few months ago, but I am excited to see if I can pull this one off.

So here goes...(drum roll please)...my 33 items


WORK WEAR

  1. boots
  2. jacket
  3. fleece pullover
  4. LS uniform shirt
  5. SS uniform shirt
  6. SS uniform shirt
  7. uniform pants 
  8. uniform pants
  9. Med Team t-shirt
  10. navy do-rag (for bad hair days)



WINTER WEAR & Accessories
  1.  coat
  2. boots
  3. hat
  4. scarf
  5. gloves
  6. my favorite hood
  7. sunglasses
  8. purse




DAILY WEAR
  1. SS t-shirt
  2. SS blouse
  3. LS t-shirt
  4. LS shirt
  5. cardigan
  6. zip-front sweater
  7. pullover sweater



  1. overalls / dress
  2. wrap skirt
  3. skirt
  4. striped jeans
  5. jeans
  6. multi-colored slip-ons, which may get exchanged for one of those Limited Edition AUSTIN pair of TOMS - if I can get my hands on them
  7. (not pictured) green hiking boots
  8. (not pictured) yoga sandals 





Yep - that's THIRTY-THREE!  all right there.
...but wait!  there's more...  
Here's what most of it looks like  back in my closet 


my sweaters
And because of the camera perspective, that group of clothing is smaller than it appears!  But I am still committed...I'm still going to go through with it...I'm still................. going to ask you to encourage me.

What is even better, I'm going to a clothing swap on October 5th - Project 333 has allowed me to clean out my closet even more.  No telling who'll get my give-aways, but I hope they enjoy them as much as I have!  Noooooooooooo, I am not getting rid of ALL my other clothes, shoes, purses, hats, etc.  But I am becoming a simpler person in many ways.  Grateful for what I have.  No real need for more.

I say, if you are interested in challenging yourself,  just JUMP RIGHT IN!  
Check out more info at Be More with Less



LOVE YOU!

No comments:

Post a Comment