"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Friday, October 22, 2010

Minimizing...a preferred change

Today's update comes to you from the cool, beautiful, glowing-under-the-full-moon, city of Austin...



on the bus headed downtown for yoga
Today - I celebrate my dreads...6 months.
I don't think they are minimizing, but I've committed to them for 365 days.  My hair was much simpler to deal with prior to it's dreadiness, but I like them still the same!

Today -  I celebrate educational opportunities.
I'm taking action to go back to school and complete my degree.  Maybe even a Masters =)  The University I have chosen is known for minimization...sustainable community, vegetarian diet, one class per month, meditation twice a day, sobriety and health.
My kind of place, for sure!!!

Today - I celebrate Project 333.  It is showing me that my outer appearance doesn't always reflect my inner self.  And my clothes certainly have nothing to do with who I really am - they are only one representation of me.  It's been a challenge not to reach for something else in my closet, especially when half of my clothes are dirty, and when what I have on doesn't go together - but I have overcome :-)


well...I have 'cheated' some. 

During the 3-day Austin City Limits Music Festival I worked in the Medical Area.

Those make for very long 12-hour days and it was pretty hot this year.  I wore shorts.  Mind you, there are no shorts on my list, but I made the decision that comfort was a priority if I was to stay in a compassionate, helpful state-of-mind.
ACL 2009


I think I mentioned that I was going to a clothes swap...
This is what I went with: 
And here is what I came home with:
So I gave away about a half bag of items and got a lot of very cool stuff to wear next year ~ Thanks girls :-D

Second, I left my sandals somewhere for over a week (oops!) and with it being in the 90's in October - I had to put on a pair of flip-flops or I was going to die from schweatty-foot, a diagnosis common to those living in hot, humid environments.  OH! and one more thing ;) I switched my multicolored flats for a pair of plain black mary-janes, as the other ones just weren't working out.  Otherwise, my personal adventures in Project 333 are great.  I look forward to experiencing more.

Today - I celebrate creativity and family.
I made this Halloween ensemble for my minimal little family in Kerrville.

 I sewed this purse myself while at a Stitch Lab class - my first zipper.
  Maybe it will help me to help minimize how much I carry around!




Today - I celebrate Life and Love. There is nothing minimal about them.
ENJOY your life and find compassion in your heart.
Nature's Treasures!  I love this place...

No comments:

Post a Comment