"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Saturday, March 20, 2010

Hello - Hello - Hello

I've been in my new place for almost two weeks now, although it seems much longer because I've been SO busy!  The place is looking a lot more like HOME.
Birthdays, family visits, Spring Break, unpacking, day jobs...the list goes on, as it does for all of us.
I finally got into the room that will soon be dedicated to crafting & creating new things.  Here is what it looks like after (another) trip to IKEA and a few hours of effort.  Mind you, I wanted to document some 'before' pics so I could show the finished product and be proud of all my hard organizational work  ;-}
here is my "sewing area" - it looks really scary right now!  The wooden rack was made by my late grandfather, originally for coffee cups, soon to be transitioned into a ribbon rack.  THANKS Dada!!
the machine itself is on Hollywood loan from my very good friend, Kim, whom I love like a sister
...and the box on the right is all my jewelry & beading stuff that I need to find a place for.

Ahhhhh...the rest of the room.  I gotta start somewhere - right?
Almost everything you see here is from IKEA. 
My desk top was sitting next to my apartment dumpster a few months ago.  It had no legs at the time - but I saw true potential - so I bought it some new ones &   It's perfect! 
The cube-system is Expedit with optional drawers and doors.  I've had this for a couple of years & just love it; it's so..........versatile. 
What you can't see much of is my work table (it's in the bottom right of the pic).  I'm still torn with the fact that it's not facing my windows.  The view is my absolute FAVORITE part of my room!  It's so nice and peaceful to see the trees outside.   But, as you can tell, I currently have the room set up differently.  Must be how it's supposed to be.  Maybe a good reminder to get off the computer, be aware of the beauty of nature...and GET OVER TO YOUR CRAFT TABLE and CREATE!
My mantra these days is "take action"
And this blog says just what I've been thinking

In Austin Women Magazine this month, my horoscope says "Every good thing this month concerns making money, what you do for a living, growing your business...focus on money and work this month, and don't stress about anything else.  You're on the top of the work wave.  Everything else just needs to wait."
RIGHT ON!  that is exactly how I am feeling.  Have I mentioned that I was taking the Crafty Business Seminar with Jennifer Perkins at the Stitch Lab next weekend...I've got my notebook ready to scribble down all the good tid-bits she is going to share!!! Yes, of course my notebook will be fabulously decorated by the time I arrive for class - duh    ;-)

The stars are aligned and I am in the Flow.  I'll show you around more as I get more achieved.  Hope you enjoyed your first visit & if you have any questions or suggestions - please do not hesitate to comment.

Until next time...*BIG HUGS*

No comments:

Post a Comment