"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Thursday, March 25, 2010

I'm such a Hippie at Heart...

So I was in Half-Price books last week with my family, who were visiting from out of town, when something sparked my curiosity!  I pulled it off the shelf and to my amazement - it was just what I was searching for  :-)
Yes - here it is!  A comprehensive and fun book that gives over 35 step-by-step instructions for crafting hippie-style.  Funny thing is, I've done quite a few of these at some point in my life.

For example...the "God's Eye"
I made mine years ago, quite possibly in high school (but I just can't muster the nerve to say how many years that has been).  I've moved a million times, but always seem to carry it with me & find a place for it to hang.  I need all the 'protection' I can get   =)

Another example...Latch Hook
I finished this up last October after buying it from the Salvation Army Family store for less than $3.00 - great for passing the time at my day job and turned out really cute.  Now I just have to pick up some rug binding from the local hobby store and finish making it into a pillow.

Also, there are the Roadhouse Blues Bell-Bottoms - I'm SO happy I found this book so I can finish up what I started over a month ago with a pair of jeans.  MY jeans seem to have pretty much come straight from this book.  ...ahhh ~  Seredipity!!

There a bunch of other great projects in this book that I have done before...tye-dye, jewelry, a leather purse, dreamcatchers and candles, etc.  Of course there are ton of stuff I haven't done,  but look forward to learning the how-to's for.

If you still have doubts about my hippiness, check this out!
I was just scrolling through the "contents" and noticed that the vintage patch I got back in December was on the page. HA! I just sewed it on my new-to-me backpack a few days ago. How cool is that?!?!


Well, that about sums it up for my fantastic find.  But you'll want to stay tuned - May is just around the corner and you'll want to follow me on my own Hippie Trip from Georgia to Woodstock.  One full month of tree-hugging sweetness ~ Yipee!!!

p.s. OH!  i almost forgot, I am taking part in the TOM's
ONE DAY without SHOES
 on Thursday, April 8th

go to www.toms.com to find out more

No comments:

Post a Comment