"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Thursday, April 15, 2010

Julia!


I just got finished watching Julie and Julia...I loved it!  What a great story, or stories, that taught me quite a bit about the blogging world and provided even more of an appreciation for cooking than i had before.
Wow!  and the whole motivational aspect of never giving up on your dreams blew me away.  Although sometimes I feel like Julie did when the stuffing fell out of her bird on the kitchen floor - but I am really working towards making my dreams a reality.  Super Kewl!  I feel so great and very positive.
My appreciation for good food stemmed from the many goulashes I ate as a child.  I mean, who ever really knew what was in those things.  But I ate them.  I was a kid.  I ate them over & over again; each one a little different depending on what we had in the pantry and refrigerator.
Today, I eat out much of the time, or at least prepared foods made for me by Whole Foods, Central Market or Sprouts.  I'm a vegetarian with hopes to be fully vegan and eventually on a Raw food diet someday.  ummmmm....Daily Juice Cafe!!   I feel best when I eat Raw foods on a consistent basis - but being that I don't cook (except for the occasional experiment, or what turns out to be one) this is difficult.   I've even heavily considered taking classes, but I don't have the passion for it and have decided to leave it for those who do!
The Julia's in my life happen to be some of my best friends, which makes me a very lucky gal.  Darra, Terri, Kim, and Tannifer all rank very high in my book!!!  I love them all for many reasons, cooking is just one of them.
I've been to Julia's kitchen at the Smithsonian.  I wish I could find the pictures I took of it.  But the main thing, I too, remember were how high the cabinets were.  Me, being 5'8 or 9, these counters were greatly pleasing to me!  ...just the right height.  No bending or stooping.  Not to mention the sheer square footage of her kitchen.  As I recall, it was sectioned off in the museum into two parts.  It was a true artists dream.  She had everything she needed, with every tool you can imagine, organized just the way that would make it easier for her to create her superb dishes.  (this is how I envision my craft room)  
I admire art in every form & believe that cooking is one of them.  
Thank You; if you bring Life to food - YOU RAWK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment