"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Monday, April 19, 2010

Super-great SUNDAY

I started the day, bright & early, by heading to the Stitch Lab for a class.  I learned how to make pajama pants from Hayley.  LUV her!  After some yummy, fresh coffee...we all were alert enough to dig into the pattern tracing process.  Then we learned to use a surger.  The surger is pretty intimidating...but Hayley simplified it for us and we felt confident enough to surge our own pj pants!  She is a fantastic and patient instructor - which made it much more enjoyable for us all, especially when something went wrong  ;-)

So here I am in all my pj pant glory!  (do you like my DeathProof t-shirt?)

The fabric I used is designed by Debbie Mumm's Happy Planet collection.  The design I chose for the majority of my pants has "Planet Green" Earth on it.  The bottom cuff has a 'think green' theme.

I wore them last night & they are soooo comfy!  I plan on taking them on vacation with me.






While I was there, I got one of Jenny Hart's  Sublime Stitching embroidery patterns.  I love ALL of her designs - it was hard to choose. This particular one is perfect for keeping my hands busy while I travel next month.  Stay tuned for my finished product(s). 


So i left there and scurried off to the HOPE Farmers Market to use my Groupon coupon, which happened to be eight 5-dollar ticket vouchers I could use at any booth. and free bag...very cool!
FIRST - I stopped to get some Sweet & Spicy Mango Chutney from Kala's Kuisine.  Oh, it's so good!  I'm thinking on using it with my next tofu meal.
Next, I picked up some sauteed Tempeh w/greens from the Energy Foods booth.  I'm having it for lunch today - so if you are interested, please ask me how it is.

I'm SO happy I finally picked up my GoLocal card to support Austin's local businesses.  I've been wanting one of these for literally years.  Only $10 gets discounts all over the city...hundreds of places...and the list grows constantly! 

Okay, three tickets down. Mind you, there are a ton of fantastic vegetables and fruits, fresh from the local area, but I'm not cooking anything soon since I have no time and I'm getting ready for vacation.  Futristically, I will return for those luscious items!
For now, I just made my way through the art area.  I picked up some lovely Abelone earrings from Elementals, a book (the Master Cleanser) from Inside Books Project, and a beautiful "peace" night light from Third Coast Art Glass.  It looks so pretty in my entryway. 
Also at the Hope Market, Empower Yoga and a weekly, local band.  Due to my timing, I happened to miss both...BOO HOO!

When I got back home that afternoon, I put some finishing touches on some of the cards that I am making and played Apples to Apples with my peeps  I really like the game - we had a lot of fun!

                                                                                                                           
 Later last night, I watched Dirt! the movie
It's a great film!!! It's eye-opening, educational, inspiring, and even touching in parts (i shed a couple tears).  I liked it so much that I plan on watching it again while I finish a card order.

This week, I am sharing my Craft Room with my friends  - I'll post some fun pics of the event at the end of the week!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment