"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Thursday, April 28, 2011

We've got some catching up to do!

My dreadies had their anniversary last week, on Earth Day.  Check out my 2010 blog entry (scroll to the bottom of the page).  For one, it was great to be able to celebrate a fulfilled commitment to myself.  Second, my dreads have reached 'maturity' as Liz, from Dreadlock Studio, says.  My dreadlocks are now truly a part of me.  I know how to take care of them, and they do some of that for me   :o)  Now, another waiting game begins as I yearn to have them to the middle of my back.  Whew!  Who knows how long that will take.  Maybe that will be my graduation gift to myself - COOL!

This year on Earth Day, I was honored to be listed on another blog called As The Crackerhead Crumbles - check it out!    =) 


Here I am.  Less than four months away from the biggest move in my life...and let me tell you - I've moved many times!!!  I've sold or bartered off all my "big" stuff on Craig's List to get ready for my move into a dorm room.  Now it's just selling, giving away, or donating the rest.

The best part of my experience so far is that I am taking things SLOWLY for once in my life.  This transition has been happening for at least 9 months now.  Now, if I can just move into romantic relationship that way...hummmm; I should probably just concentrate on my studies, huh?


You know, sometimes I get carried away with "educating" myself on yoga and other spiritual practices in the virtual world.  Check out this comic that puts things more into perspective:  ONLINE SPIRITUALITY

So instead of sitting around, I'm taking a few classes to enrich my mind and Spirit.
I'm having SO much fun  :)
These last 5 Wednesdays have been such a blast!  I'm going to sign up for the summer session, too.  I LOVE drumming - it feels so right...
I've only had one lesson, so far.  Using your voice in a room with one (or many) can be intimidating!  But Emily is really cool & I feel comfortable with her :)
These are 3-hour classes and has been more of a refresher for the classes I took in High School. It's easy for me to pronounce Spanish words - but understanding them and writing sentences is a whole different story.  I have two more classes to go, so I hope my confidence in the language improves. 
    Yes!  Things are on the up and up!  My finances are becoming more comfortable with the idea of not having a steady income soon.  Soon - I may be a "poor" student again, but I will have everything I need!  Credit card free is the way to be - seriously...it's working out great for me.  I actually have a little money in my savings account instead of living payday to payday.  Weird how that works.  Of course, the money in my savings will be going to the one remaining loan I still have to pay off.  And when that happens, it'll mean I will officially be debt free.  Oh, except for those student loans - right!?!  Well, I'm not worried about those right now - at least I'll have something to show for those: Happiness, doing what I want to do, and most importantly, being who I desire to be  :)

    Almost forgot to tell you......
    One Day Without Shoes - 05:45am
    standing for what I believe in - 8:05 p
    TOMS One Day Without Shoes was April 5th....I got cold feet.  No, I didn't chicken out or bail - literally, my feet were freezing that morning!  well, "freezing" for Texas, that is.  So I started out the door to work with cold, clean feet.  I walked across a couple parking lots, on the sidewalk, into the building - then the stares began.  Funny, no one really asked me WHY I was barefoot.  About 8 or 9am, I think a coworker finally inquired.  I walked around, to the kitchen, to the bathroom twice, then the inevitable happened. At 0955, my Commander asked me politely to put my boots on.  Hey!  I lasted 3 hours in an uptight "professional" environment, so I'm calling that success :)  Plus, he asked nicely, which made it much easier to swallow.  The moment I was out the door, my boots were back off and I was walking with my barefoot coworkers to the parking lot!  SWEET. 

    a little dirty when I got home
    gotta wash 'em before bed

    No comments:

    Post a Comment