"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Wednesday, April 13, 2011

CREATIVE QUOTE CURTAINS

Most of you know that I enjoy inspirational quotes.  They give me something I need to hear each day.  I get these quotes from various sources; books, blogs, magazines, movies, friends, etc.  I usually post the one that resonates with me on Facebook or Twitter.  It's fun to pass on the Love and to know that I'm not alone with the way I'm feeling...

starting canvas
Anyway, I got these great plain white curtains from IKEA about 3 years ago.  After about a year, I came across my wide variety of colored permanent markers and began writing things which were helping me get through some tough emotional baggage.  I've continued to do so, and they've evolved as much as I have  :)  

Last week I had a creative streak and decided to pull them down and write the Qualities of Peace on them - to inspire me to move more towards the innocence I had when I came into this world.  They've been sitting on my meditation for months and remind me of who I want to be.  Plus, I had some special quotes I wanted to add, too.  

I worked a few hours on them, off and on, between house duties and running a couple errands.  I really enjoyed that day!  




Here is how they turned out hanging back up again, when I felt done



the Qualities of Peace are:
Sensitivity
Openness
Solid Foundation
Purity
I Am
Wisdom
Gentleness
Joy
Preseverance
Grace
Knowing
Leadership
Light
Assertiveness
Delight
Innocence
Independence
Dicernment
Beauty
Power
Consideration
Cooperation
Clear Intention
Strength
Agility
Commitment
Acceptance
Freedom of Spirit
Freedom of Choice
Adventure
Sweetness
Self-Awareness
Caring
Endurance
Balance
Serenity
Nurturing
Dignity
Intention
Courage
Loving
Enlightenment
Transformation
Spontaneity
Giving
Expansiveness
Tenderness
Calm
Peace
Humbleness
Kindness
Enthusiasm
Steadfastness
Awareness
Vigilance
Harmony
Intuition
Encouragement
Teamwork
Bonding
Flowing
Simplicity


No comments:

Post a Comment