"I am a woman in process. I'm just trying like everybody else. I try to take every conflict, every experience,and learn from it.
Life is never dull." ~ Oprah



Sunday, January 23, 2011

I’m onboard the Norwegian Jade!



After cruising the La Rambla this morning in Barcelona, I picked up my stored bags from the hostel and headed to cruise terminal.  Funny thing was, it was a much longer walk than indicated - but I kept my eye on the prize!!! It was interesting to look around at all the people in the terminal because I was unable to differentiate the Americans.  I suppose it might be because of the diversity we have in the USA and/or the human race is the human race...we are all One.

I got all checked in after a little wait in the terminal, got through the doors and went to my room to get settled.  Much to my surprise, my room is AWESOME!  Much nicer than the I had on the cruise I took to Nassau about 10 years ago (wow, has it been that long?)

Once I got over a bit of the excitement, got unpacked, and organized, I sat down and reviewed all the written info that was provided.  I got an idea of where I wanted to go and what I wanted to get familiar with...then headed out my door to familiarize myself with the ship.  First, I headed to the fitness center to find yoga classes.  There are 8 available and I’ll be at every one!  There are also meetings and meditation available in The Chapel, which I will be taking part in.  Oh yes - one of the best things I’ve done for myself EVER was to purchase one of the forty “Exotic Thermal Suite” passes!  What this means for me is that I have unlimited access to the Spa’s private chambers where there are heated lounge chairs, indoor jacuzzi tubs, a Thalasso Therapy pool, steam and dry sauna rooms, and a Japanese plunge pool.  EXCITING!  I plan on being here every day for two hours after yoga  =)  And maybe again in the evenings.

Tonight, I enjoyed the show in the Stardust Theatre.  It was called Duo Acrobatique and was in Cirque du Soleil form.  In fact, the couple of 15 years used to perform together for Cirque du Soleil.  The hour long performance was enjoyable and beautiful!

After the show I stopped by the Alizar Dining Room for dinner.  I chose a Cesar salad, cheese tortellini, and vanilla bean souffle.  Yummy! 

I’ve got my schedule for tomorrow and am ready for a good night’s sleep in that king size bed  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment